Day 6 of 31-day bc: 3 Personality Traits I’m Proud Of

I’m going to be honest here....this one’s a toughie. I’ve been told by many people in my life about what personality traits I have that downright suck, and quite frankly, those comments are how I’ve defined myself for all of my life. I’ve never seen myself as someone with a stellar personality.  Selfish, self-absorbed, bull-in-china-shop, tactless, nosey....the list goes on. I try NOT to be, but just as I think I’m doing better, I manage to piss someone off and those words come out again. 

WORDS HURT, PEOPLE!!

And it wasn’t until now that I realize how little I think of me. 

So to come up with what I’m PROUD of?? Oy vey. 

.........
.........
.........
Huh. This is tough. 
.........
.........
......... (the dots are me thinking)......
Ok, I have one

I’m willing to admit when I’m wrong. Mind you, it doesn’t HAPPEN very often 😜 but when it does, I’m ok with it. If I’ve screwed up, if I’ve behaved badly towards someone or if I’ve hurt someone, I will apologize. It doesn’t bother me to be wrong. I like learning and growing. 

..............
..............
..............
ok. Next. I think I’m pretty good at not judging people based on social status, appearances or wealth. Mind you, if you open your mouth and are clearly an idiot, then I WILL judge you - very quickly and harshly lol!!  But I’m working on being kinder. (I REALLY AM)
...........
...........
...........
Finally.....I would LIKE to think the examples of my parents and siblings have rubbed off on me and that I have integrity. I stand up for what I believe in and I’m generally a pretty honest person. 

Ok we’re done!! Off to bed now with my raw and exposed self!

Tomorrow’s (errrr, today or next?) topic is nice and easy! 10 favourite foods!!! Now THAT’S a post I can get behind!! 

Comments