Day 5 of 31-day BC: My Guilty Pleasure(s)

This is a tough one. There’s not a lot of stuff that I enjoy that I feel guilty over. Except maybe sleeping. A lot. I have a meme pinned to my cubby at work “What I enjoy most” with a picture of Homer Simpson lying in bed. That’s me - minus the baldness. And when the kids were younger....yes, I suppose it was a guilty pleasure then. 

Back then, Sunday afternoons were my “nap time” - rain or shine, neighbours socializing or not. I would come home, spiritually and socially exhausted from church in the morning, wander up to my bed, change into the bum clothes and lie down and just....sigh.....

My bed never felt as good as it did then, around 1:00 pm-ish. My pillow, never so fluffy...my sheets, never so silky.....my mattress, never hugging me in welcome as well as it did at that point. That was my moment to shine in all my snoring, snuffling and drooling glory, not a care in the world, just me and my bed....BLISS. 

It’s not the same now. My children are grown and gone and my bed isn’t as forbidden as it once was. Now it’s just a place to sleep - no more illicit thrills, except for when Jeff joins me and reaches over, and well.....you get the idea. 😍😍😍

So there you have it. Sleeping. Not very glamorous. Not very sinful. Just peaceful. I can’t help but feel a bit of wry irony that peace is a guilty pleasure. lol

Tomorrow: 3 Personality Traits I Am Proud Of

Adios!!!

Comments